Sunday, October 16, 2011

I flew through a tree...

and face planted into the dirt. I'm so glad that I ditched trying to look like a cool person and wore my handy-dandy helmet! After church, several friends from church and I went to Peace Valley Park and rode our bikes around the lake. 5 miles! It was kind of hard when we had to go up hills because I have a road bike, but it was so pretty and the wind was so refreshing. I was smiling the whole time...I bet I ate a bug =/

Anyway, there was a steep hill and I was cruising down. I kind of got a little scared so I tried to slow down. Little did I know, my bike chain popped out and my bike started to fishtail and then I cursed...and then I knew I was doomed to crash into a tree and I flew through it. It happened so fast. I just have a few bruises on my legs and a scrape on my ankle. My bike now needs to go to the shop to get a tune up and some new tires. Thankfully, it happened towards the end of the trail so I enjoyed most of my time. It was kind of scary though...so...I'm still thinking about it.

I didn't have my phone on me, so I couldn't take any pictures to share...but it was GORGEOUS! I'm definitely going back...and now...I want a mountain bike...

My next two "big" purchases:










Fujifilm Finepix x100

and some kind of nice mountain bike that won't fling me into a tree when I'm going down a hill.

^_^ I love being outside on days like this. I LOVE FALL!!! Have a blessed week, ya'll!

Smile,
E.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment